Random thoughts for today:
- There's a woot-off going on. I'm addicted – I don't buy anything (usually) but I can't stop looking to see what they have for sale. And when the current product is about to sell out, I can't stop refreshing to see what the next one will be.
- Today is the last day of the work week for me this week. I'm traveling up to Pennsylvania tomorrow to participate in my brother's wedding. Or do you call it something else when you get married by the civil servants and then hold your ceremony later? My brother and his wife got married last December before they went to India for a few months. He's Jewish and she's of Indian descent via life in Trinidad, so the ceremony is a mix of the two cultures. I get to read an invocation and a prayer in Hebrew…woohoo!
- Miss USA fell down and went boom in the Miss Universe pageant. No, I didn't watch, but someone here at work did and pointed me to the youtube clip. It's not all that interesting, so I won't post it here. But now you know, and knowing is half the battle!
- Vanguard won't let me create a rollover IRA for my wife. She has to be the one to do it. And since she's resistant to talking to strangers on the phone, I've got to print out the paperwork, have her sign, and mail it in. THEN once the account is made, I have to get her to sign another paper giving me access to it, so I can manage it and call in to them in the future if there are problems. I can understand trying to be cautious about identity theft…but shouldn't there be an easy way to prove you're married to someone to get past this crap?
- Fisher Space Pens rock. I've got two now – the Futura model in gun-metal finish with black ink and the black-grid shuttle astronaut pen with green ink that I use for marking up drawings at work.
- I seem to be more productive at work when I can prop up my feet and take my shoes off.
- I have a big-ass inbox sitting on my desk and it's empty. Hooray!
- There's a small chance I will have to go to the UK in the middle of June for an inspection for one of our pieces of equipment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, as I've never been and even though I won't be able to play the tourist, I'd still like to go and see what I can see. Plus the business-class flight from Charlotte to London is supposed to be top-of-the-line, and I DO like flying in luxury!