I played this game once before here, so I'll follow it up with part 2 today. It's about all I can handle this week, for personal reasons. More hand-crafted content next week, but for now, have fun guessing!
The idea's courtesy of Ginger Sister, but the quotes are all chosen by me. I didn't go for the most obscure quote from the movies, but I also didn't pick the most obvious. Happy guessing, and I'll try to strike-out quotes today/over the weekend as the answers are guessed in the comments. (SPOILER WARNING: Guess before you scroll to the end of the quotes, as the answers will be posted directly below the quotes area)
30 20 of your favorite movies. (A little shorter contest this time, but with some harder quotes on some of them.)
2. Find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
NO CHEATING please. Guess what you know, don't wikiquote them.
1) They say your whole life flashes before your eyes when you die. And it's true, even for a blind man.
2) I found a snipe, and I followed it under your porch, but this snipe had a long tail, and looked more like a large mouse. [sixbucksamonkey] 3) Dear Roberta Sparrow, I have reached the end of your book and… there are so many things that I need to ask you. Sometimes I'm afraid of what you might tell me. Sometimes I'm afraid that you'll tell me that this is not a work of fiction. I can only hope that the answers will come to me in my sleep. I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. [crankypants] 4) She came from southwest Missoura, the hills outside the scratchy-ass Ozark town of Theodosia, set in the cedars and oak trees, somewhere between nowhere and goodbye. [sixbucksamonkey] 5) For us to live any other way was nuts. Uh, to us, those goody-good people who worked shitty jobs for bum paychecks and took the subway to work every day, and worried about their bills, were dead. I mean they were suckers. They had no balls. If we wanted something we just took it. If anyone complained twice they got hit so bad, believe me, they never complained again. [crankypants] 6) All right, if the applicant is young, tell him he's too young. Old, too old. Fat, too fat. If the applicant then waits for three days without food, shelter, or encouragement he may then enter and begin his training. [crankypants] [crankypants]
7) I am going to show you why we insist on such precautions. On the evening of July 8th, 1981, he complained of chest pains and was taken to the dispensary. His mouthpiece and restraints were removed for an EKG. When the nurse leaned over him, he did this to her.
8) The rifle is the first weapon you learn how to use, because it lets you keep your distance from the client. The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. [mariser] 9) Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today. [crankypants] 10) You see for the last two years the Nazis have had teams of archeologists running around the world looking for all sorts of religious artifacts. Hitler's gone nuts on the subject. He's crazy. He's obsessed with the occult. And right now, apparently, there is some kind of German archeological dig going on in the desert outside Cairo. [crankypants] 11) I ain't like that no more. I ain't the same, Ned. Claudia, she straightened me up, cleared me of drinkin' whiskey and all. Just 'cause we're goin' on this killing, that don't mean I'm gonna go back to bein' the way I was. I just need the money, get a new start for them youngsters. Ned, you remember that drover I shot through the mouth and his teeth came out the back of his head? I think about him now and again. He didn't do anything to deserve to get shot, at least nothin' I could remember when I sobered up. [(Fish)] 12) Nine million terrorists in the world and I gotta kill one with feet smaller than my sister. [Red Mosquito]
14) Today… is Christmas! There will be a magic show at zero-nine-thirty! Chaplain Charlie will tell you about how the free world will conquer Communism with the aid of God and a few Marines! God has a hard-on for Marines because we kill everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps! Do you ladies understand? [mariser]
15) The ship brought me back. I told you she won't let me leave – she won't let anyone leave. Did you really think you could destroy this ship? She's defied space and time. She's been to a place you couldn't possibly imagine. And now… it is time to go back.
16) Your bones don't break, mine do. That's clear. Your cells react to bacteria and viruses differently than mine. You don't get sick, I do. That's also clear. But for some reason, you and I react the exact same way to water. We swallow it too fast, we choke. We get some in our lungs, we drown. However unreal it may seem, we are connected, you and I. We're on the same curve, just on opposite ends. [crankypants] 17) My name is Shosanna Dreyfus and THIS is the face… of Jewish vengeance! [mariser] 18) Do be careful! Don't lose any of that stuff. That's concentrated evil. One drop of that could turn you all into hermit crabs. [crankypants] 19) Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no-holds-barred, adrenaline-fueled thrill ride. But there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork. [sixbucksamonkey] 20) There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go… empty. [Red Mosquito]
1) Daredevil (not guessed)
3) Donnie Darko
4) Million Dollar Baby
6) Fight Club
7) The Silence of the Lambs
8) Leon [The Professional]
9) Groundhog Day
10) Raiders of the Lost Ark
12) Die Hard
13) Strangers on a Train (not guessed)
14) Full Metal Jacket
15) Event Horizon (not guessed)
17) Inglorious Basterds
18) Time Bandits
19) Hot Fuzz